The first eight photographs were provided by Lord Chilver. They show the various stages in the students' efforts to remove from the quad the enormous static water tank which had been positioned there to deal with wartime fires and incendiary bombs. The presence of lady students is interesting and unexplained. Student displays and banners can also be seen in the quad.
The last two items came from Stephen Harvey (1944-1946) but show the students including Lord Chilver (known then as Amos but later as Henry) in the back row eleventh from the right. His signature is on the back - in the right hand box.